Share to help stimulate good governance, ensure future of people & M’sia
No News Is Bad News
DAP! You are unaware you are now the Government?
KUALA LUMPUR, April 3, 2025: The DAP and its leaders are receiving flak from the public via social media for bringing out the “Milo Tin” for the Petronas underground gas pipeline disaster in Putra Heights on Tuesday.
This is now circulating in WhatsApp:
Asking for public donations again. Can easily give away millions to Hamas n Palestinians but when come to own rakyat must minta donation. One cent oso I won't give cause the govt n Petronas which is XXXXX (censored) controlled n earning billions all these years should be responsible n don't tell me they don't have insurance for public liabilities when such disasters happened.
The DAP leaders today are a far cry from the days when they were in the Opposition.
They seem to have their brains elsewhere with their new-found cushy lives in the Government.
And, the person who circulated the above response is absolutely right! Spot-on!
The least the DAP leaders and their elected representatives (assemblymen and Members of Parliament) can do is to provide legal assistance to the man (authority/ies)-made disaster victims to seek full compensation for their loss and sufferings, both physical and mental.
No News Is Bad News reiterates:
Where’s the urgency to save lives, responsibility and accountability from:
> THE Government;
> PETRONAS which is responsible for ensuring its gas pipelines are well maintained and safe;
> ALL the approving authorities that approved the housing project on such a dangerous location or zone with pipelines snaking underground; and
> PUTRA Heights developer for building houses so close to the Petronas underground gas pipelines.
No News Is Bad News reproduces below our previous posting:
Tuesday, 1 April 2025
20 agencies to probe Petronas gas pipeline blasts? What a sick joke or farce!
Share to help stimulate good governance, ensure future of people & M’sia
No News Is Bad News
Petronas gas pipeline blasts and fire ... A man-made (authority/ies) disaster.
20 agencies to probe Petronas gas pipeline blasts? What a sick joke or farce!
KUALA LUMPUR, April 2, 2025: It was reported today that 20 agencies are set to probe the Petronas gas pipeline blasts in Putra Heights yesterday.
What a sick joke and farce!
Many of the agencies are the same authorities who approved the Putra Heights housing project despite the snaking underground gas pipelines.
Isn’t the gas pipelines a public safety hazard? Why then approve the housing project? All above board?
Instead, the police and Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) should also be investigating how the Putra Heights developer was given all the necessary approvals in a dangerous location/zone.
The cause of the explosion and blasts are now secondary. The concern now is how many such dangerous housing estates have been approved nationwide without the knowledge of house buyers?
No News Is Bad News reproduces below a news report on probe farce:
20 agencies to begin probe into gas pipeline blaze
-02 Apr 2025, 10:25 AM
They include the police, the fire and rescue department, TNB, the public works department, as well as local government authorities and the district office.
Fire and rescue department director-general Nor Hisham Mohammad said a team has been placed on standby at the site to deal with any possibility of fire.
SUBANG JAYA: Some 20 agencies will begin investigations and safety inspections at the site of the gas pipeline fire at Jalan Putra Harmoni Putra Heights here today.
The agencies include the police, the fire and rescue department, Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB), the public works department, as well as local government authorities and the district office.
Subang Jaya police chief Wan Azlan Wan Mamat said that Jalan Persiaran Harmoni had been closed in stages to facilitate the movement of security forces, and would be reopened in stages as well.
“A briefing will be held with all of the agencies involved to conduct investigations and take follow-up action at the scene,” he told reporters at the incident command post today.
Meanwhile, fire and rescue department director-general Nor Hisham Mohammad said his department had begun major work activities including assessing losses to houses and vehicles affected by the gas pipeline explosion.
He said a team had been placed on standby to deal with any possibility of fire.
“We will work with TNB to assess the situation regarding electrical wiring, especially exposed cable… whether the wiring is safe or if further action is needed to enable us to make immediate connections in the area,” he said when contacted by Bernama.
Nor Hisham said the department was also paying attention to the structure of houses that were burnt or affected by the explosion to ensure the safety of the residents involved.
“If they are unsafe or dangerous, we may carry out demolition work, for example, the roofs,” he said.
The department is also mobilising its teams from Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Kuala Lumpur, and the headquarters to speed up the investigation process and facilitate the return of affected residents to their homes as soon as possible.
A check by Bernama in the area found that dozens of residents affected by the incident had gathered as early as 7.30am for information about the progress and status of their homes, and to await their turn to return home for essential items and important documents.
Also seen entering the area affected by the fire today were members from the Bukit Aman tracker dog or K9 unit and the forensic investigation unit.
As of yesterday, a total of 364 people from 74 families affected by the fire had been evacuated to relief centres at the Putra Heights Mosque and the Subang Jaya City Council multipurpose hall.
IN SEARCH OF A SCAPEGOAT , NOT THE ONES WHO APPROVED THE HOUSING PROJECT ON SUCH A DANGEROUS LOCATION/ZONE
Contractor doing earthworks near gas pipeline had permit, says mayor
-02 Apr 2025, 11:42 AM
Subang Jaya mayor also says the development project does not sit on Petronas land reserved for gas pipelines.
Subang Jaya mayor Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim (right), seen at the site of the fire yesterday, said Petronas allowed the developer to use the ‘right of way’ land to lay the project’s IWK pipeline. (Facebook pic)
SUBANG JAYA: The contractor conducting earthworks near the site of the gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights had the necessary permits, says Subang Jaya mayor Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim.
Amirul also said the development was not on Petronas land reserved for gas pipelines, although the oil and gas firm had allowed the developer to use the “right of way” land to lay the project’s Indah Water Konsortium (IWK) pipeline.
He added that the project was granted planning approval in 2022, Utusan Malaysia reported.
“The contractor involved is also on the panel (of contractors) approved by IWK and Petronas,” he was quoted as saying.
Earlier, Subang Jaya police chief Wan Azlan Wan Mamat said investigations into the cause of the blaze were ongoing, and that it was too early to say whether the earthworks were to blame.
“So far, we are still in investigation mode. We can’t confirm anything yet,” he told reporters here today, adding that the contractor would be summoned to assist in investigations.
Wan Azlan said there had been reports of small fires in some homes near the site, and that firemen had been deployed to patrol the area for the next 24 hours to monitor the situation.
“If there’s even a slight smell, they will investigate,” he said, adding that no thefts had been reported in the area so far.
He said electricity supply to the affected area was cut off by Tenaga Nasional Bhd at 4pm yesterday as a precautionary measure.
Wan Azlan said the victims being treated in hospital had given their statements on the incident, while those sheltering in relief centres would have their statements recorded soon.
A total of 111 victims are being treated in hospital, he said.
“Out of the 111, 80 are in government hospitals while 31 are in private hospitals. There are 13 people in the red zone, 55 in the yellow zone, and 43 in the green zone,” he added.
Wan Azlan said the number of affected properties remained largely unchanged from previous reports, with 235 premises affected in total.
Eighty-seven of these premises were completely burnt in the blaze while 148 were damaged. Some 399 vehicles were affected, with 225 burnt and 174 sustaining damage.
Police have begun allowing affected residents to retrieve their belongings, escorted by cops.
“We did this yesterday to ensure there were no thefts. Today, we will allow access to another lane for residents to collect their belongings. Some areas are more severely affected, so we ask for patience,” he said.
Tuesday, 1 April 2025
Where’s the real urgency to save lives, responsibility and accountability?
Share to help stimulate good governance, ensure future of people & M’sia
No News Is Bad News
Where’s the real urgency to save lives, responsibility and accountability?
Update1 and Update2
Petronas: “As stated by Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim during his visit to the location of the incident, we will be actively coordinating with the relevant ministries as well as state and federal agencies to ensure that adequate relief efforts and assistance are extended and meaningful support is deployed during this very difficult time,” it said. - All talk and bullshit! (See report below)
KUALA LUMPUR, April 2, 2025: Subang MP Wong Chen, where are you?
Your constituents, victims and house owners in Putra Heights that was rocked by Petronas gas pipeline explosions and fires, are in urgent need of help!
Wong, if you really care for your constituents, stop paying lip service and get down to work. Get the Government to extend real help for the injured in hospitals.
There is absolutely no time to waste in ensuring uninterrupted medical treatment to the injured, especially those in serious or critical condition in hospitals.
Wong, you should also look into or probe how the authorities approved the Putra Heights housing project in such a dangerous area or zone?
Were the approvals given to the developer above board?
Where’s the urgency to save lives, responsibility and accountability from:
> YOU as the Subang MP;
> THE Government;
> PETRONAS which is responsible for ensuring its gas pipelines are well maintained and safe;
> ALL the approving authorities that approved the housing project on such a dangerous location or zone with pipelines snaking underground; and
> PUTRA Heights developer (Sime UEP Properties; Putra Heights is a 1,796 acres residential township developed by Sime UEP Properties since 1999 in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. It is located within the mukim of Petaling District. Putra Heights sign on top of Bukit Cermin.)
This is No News Is Bad News beef with all the above: Why are the family members of the above victims left struggling and begging for financial help for medical expenses?
*Urgent Help Needed for My Eldest Brother’s Recovery*
Dear [Friends/Family],
I’m reaching out with a heavy heart as my eldest brother and sister-in-law were tragically injured in a gas tank explosion at their home. They are currently in ICU with severe burns, undergoing multiple surgeries.
We are doing everything we can to support their recovery, but the medical and home recovery expenses are overwhelming. Any contribution, no matter how small, would mean the world to us. If you’re able to help, please let me know.
Your kindness and support are deeply appreciated.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
[Include donation details or contact information]
(Public Bank) 3129783117
Chua Gek Tieng
Petronas to work with authorities to support Putra Heights fire victims
-02 Apr 2025, 07:32 AM
The national oil firm also says it is working hard to mitigate disruptions, implement contingency plans, and restore operations as safely and efficiently as possible.
Petronas said its priorities are ensuring the safety of the people, fulfilling its commitment to assisting those affected, and preserving the security of the gas supply while investigating the cause of the incident. (EPA Images pic)
KUALA LUMPUR: Petronas has expressed its commitment to working closely with the relevant ministries and agencies to channel timely and meaningful support to the families impacted by the fire near Putra Heights in Puchong, Selangor.
In a statement late yesterday, the national oil firm said its publicly listed subsidiary, Petronas Gas Bhd, which owns the affected pipeline, would be working closely with government authorities and agencies to assess the full impact of the incident.
It said the group was also proactively taking all necessary measures to preserve the security of the gas supply.
“To this end, the team is working hard to mitigate disruptions, implement contingency plans, and restore operations as safely and efficiently as possible in coordination with the relevant authorities and agencies.
“As stated by Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim during his visit to the location of the incident, we will be actively coordinating with the relevant ministries as well as state and federal agencies to ensure that adequate relief efforts and assistance are extended and meaningful support is deployed during this very difficult time,” it said.
Petronas said its priorities were ensuring the safety of the people, fulfilling its commitment to assisting those affected, and preserving the security of the gas supply while investigating the cause of the incident.
It also confirmed that the three petrol stations near the vicinity of the incident, PS Putra Heights, PS KM2 LDP, and PS Putra Bestari, had resumed operations following clearance from the relevant authorities.
“While these stations were not directly affected, they were temporarily closed as a precautionary measure, in line with our safety protocols, and reopened after thorough safety assessments.
“Petronas reaffirms its continuing commitment to safety in all of its operations and will continue to provide updates from time to time as more information becomes available.
“At this juncture, we appeal for the cooperation and patience of all impacted parties as we work as quickly as possible to address this situation,” it said.
Malaysia
Gas pipeline explosion: Number of victims rises to 427 last night
Some 91 displaced families have been moved into the Temporary Evacuation Centre
Updated 22 minutes ago · Published on 02 Apr 2025 8:40AM
APM has teamed up with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to distribute essential items, including pillows, blankets, and clothing, to those affected - April 2, 2025
THE number of victims from the gas pipeline explosion and subsequent fire in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, Selangor, has risen to 427, as of last night.
The incident, which affected 91 families, has resulted in the displaced individuals being moved to a Temporary Evacuation Centre (PPS) at the Putra Heights Mosque Hall in Subang Jaya, with the most recent update given at 10:00pm.
Selangor Civil Defence Force (APM) Director Ghazali Abd Rahman said among those relocated are 33 elderly people, 118 children, and 16 babies.
"Fifty members of the APM from both Selangor and the Federal Territories have been deployed to assist and manage the displaced victims at the PPS since yesterday," Ghazali said.
In addition to providing shelter, the APM has teamed up with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to distribute essential items, including pillows, blankets, and clothing, to those affected.
"Prior to this, the injured victims received immediate medical assistance in cooperation with the Ministry of Health (MOH), before being transported to hospitals for further treatment," he continued.
The current evacuees in the PPS are individuals who survived the blast but did not sustain injuries. However, many are facing damage or fire-related destruction to their homes.
The APM has also assisted victims by transporting them via APM trucks to retrieve essential items such as documents and medications from their homes, starting at 6:30pm yesterday.
"We are working alongside the fire department and police to facilitate the victims’ return to the disaster site, allowing them to collect their important personal belongings," Ghazali explained.
He added that the APM will remain on standby in the affected area for monitoring purposes and to provide additional support, if necessary, in coordination with the Department of Social Welfare (JKM). – April, 2, 2025