Monday, 27 July 2026

When it’s BN-Umno, rakyat dan negara are always the losers

Share to help stimulate good governance, ensure future of people & M’sia

No News Is Bad News

 

When it’s BN-Umno, rakyat dan negara are always the losers

KUALA LUMPUR, July 27, 2026: Malaysia’s 10th Prime Minister (PMX) Anwar Ibrahim says Felda lost some RM10 billion due to mismanagement and political meddling.

To date, only former Umno minister and Negri Sembilan Mentri Besar Isa Samad had been jailed six years and fined RM15.45 million for nine counts of corruption involving RM3 million.

That is only RM3 million! What about the RM10 billion and who are the pencuri-pencuri (thieves) still roaming freely with their ill-gotten gains?

Anwar’s Felda (long controlled by Umno) bombshell expose comes with the possible public disclosure of the Tabung Haji (TH) Royal Commission Inquiry (RCI) Report on the billions of Ringgit of losses and theft from inside the management of the Muslim pilgrims savings fund.

The Cabinet on Wednesday will decide whether to make public the TH RCI Report.

So, are you still asking why the Malays are still poor, living in socio-economic misery, under the Umno-led Alliance-Barisan Nasional (BN) governance since Merdeka (Independence) 1957?

Is it any wonder why the Singapore Dollar is three times the value of the Ringgit despite Malaysia being blessed with an abundance of natural resources but Singapore zero?

 

Where have all the rakyat dan negara’s fortune gone to under the Umno-led BN?

After more than 60 years, there are still many, many suckers who continue to vote for Umno - a partry of pencuri-pencuri (thieves).

Why? Perhaps the above image is the answer.

And this is what the racial and religious bigoted Umno thieves have achieved since Merdeka:

No News Is Bad News reproduces below three news reports on Felda’s financial scandal: 

Felda lost nearly RM10bil due to mismanagement, political meddling, says Anwar

FMT Reporters

The prime minister says the agency was brought down not by the settlers' work ethic, but by those entrusted to manage it.

Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said Felda was once the world’s largest plantation company, delivering good returns to settler families developing the land scheme.

PETALING JAYA: Felda is facing losses of nearly RM10 billion because of mismanagement and excessive political interference, says Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim.

Anwar said reports he received after returning to lead the government showed Felda was saddled with the debt, forcing the government to shoulder a heavy financial burden each year, Berita Harian reported.

“Eight years ago, there was a change in decisions. (There was) excessive political interference. In the end, the RM10 billion in profits has now turned into losses.

“I am now taking over and looking after Felda. Why? I received reports that Felda owes nearly RM10 billion. This is not politics, this is a fact,” he was quoted as saying during the Semarak Kenegaraan programme at Kem Syed Sirajuddin in Gemas, Negeri Sembilan, today.

Anwar said that under past leaders such as Raja Alias Raja Muhammad Ali and the late Taib Andak, Felda was managed efficiently, becoming the world’s largest plantation company and delivering good returns to settler families developing the land scheme.

He said the agency’s decline was not because of settlers failing to work hard, but because of those entrusted with managing it betraying that trust.

“Did the settlers not work hard? No. The problem was that those entrusted with responsibility betrayed that trust. This is the reality today,” he said.

Anwar also said the younger generation who would inherit the country had a responsibility to safeguard peace and prevent elements that stop society from progressing.

He said the country would remain peaceful and secure if the position of Malay leadership, the Malay royal institutions, and leadership in key national institutions continued to be upheld based on integrity and trust. - FMT

Former Felda chairman Isa Samad found guilty of RM3m corruption charges

By Timothy Achariam / theedgemarkets.com

03 Feb 2021, 02:15 pm

 

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 3): Former Federal Land Development Authority chairman Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad, who was found guilty this morning on nine charges of corruption involving RM3 million and was sentenced to six years' jail and a fine of RM15.45 million, was granted a stay of execution of his sentence, pending appeal.

Justice Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali ordered Mohd Isa to post bail amounting to RM1.5 million, to be paid in full by tomorrow afternoon.

The judge said Mohd Isa is to also report to the nearest police station once a month.

Mohd Isa was charged with nine counts of dishonestly receiving gratification for himself in cash totalling RM3,090,000 from Ikhwan Zaidel, who is a board member of Gegasan Abadi Properties Sdn Bhd, through his former special political officer Muhammad Zahid Md Arip, for helping approve the purchase of a hotel by Felda Investment Corp Sdn Bhd for RM160 million.

All the offences were allegedly committed at Level 49, Menara Felda, Platinum Park, No 11, Persiaran KLCC near here between July 21, 2014, and Dec 11, 2015.

The charges were framed under Section 16(a)(A) of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009, punishable under Section 24(1) of the same law, which provides a jail term of not exceeding 20 years and a fine of at least five times the bribe amount, or RM10,000, whichever is higher, upon conviction. - TheEdge

High Court sentences Isa Samad to six years in jail, slaps RM15.45m fine

By Timothy Achariam / theedgemarkets.com

03 Feb 2021, 05:53 pm

 If Mohd Isa’s appeal against his conviction is set aside and that the accused fails to pay the RM15.45 million fine, he will have to face an additional 18-year jail sentence.


KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 3): Former Federal Land Development Authority (FELDA) chairman Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad, who was found guilty by the High Court this morning of nine corruption charges involving RM3 million, was sentenced to six years in jail and fined RM15.45 million. Mohd Isa was, however, granted a stay of execution of his sentence, pending an appeal by the accused.

High Court Judge Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali ordered Mohd Isa today to post bail amounting to RM1.5 million, which is required to be paid in full by tomorrow (Feb 4) afternoon.

As Mohd Isa already paid RM800,000 of the total bail when he was initially charged, Justice Mohd Nazlan instructed Mohd Isa today to pay the remaining RM700,000 by tomorrow (Feb 4) afternoon.

According to Justice Mohd Nazlan, if Mohd Isa’s appeal against his conviction is set aside and that the accused fails to pay the RM15.45 million fine, he will have to face an additional 18-year jail sentence.

 

Justice Mohd Nazlan, when reading out his judgement on Mohd Isa’s case today, said Mohd Isa’s defence was a mere denial and that the defence had also failed to raise reasonable doubt against the prosecution’s argument.

“With this, the court found that the prosecution had succeeded in establishing the case beyond reasonable doubt against the accused.

“Therefore, the accused is found guilty and convicted of offences under Section 16 (a)(A) of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009,” Justice Mohd Nazlan said.

According to Justice Mohd Nazlan, Mohd Isa’s defence was an afterthought, inconsistent and baseless.

Justice Mohd Nazlan said Mohd Isa had failed to rebut his charges under Section 16 (a)(A) of the MACC Act 2009.

It was reported that Mohd Isa, who is a former director of Felda Investment Corp Sdn Bhd (FIC), was charged with nine counts of bribery amounting to RM3.09 million involving the RM160 million acquisition of Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites in Kuching, Sarawak.

According to news reports, Mohd Isa was accused of receiving the RM3.09 million bribes in nine tranches between July 21, 2014 and Dec 11, 2015 from Ikhwan Zaidel, who was then a director at Gegasan Abadi Properties Sdn Bhd.

It was reported that Mohd Isa was accused of receiving the money from Ikhwan through Muhammad Zahid Md Arip for helping to approve the hotel purchase by FIC.

Muhammad Zahid is a former special officer to Mohd Isa.

It was reported that Mohd Isa’s offences were committed at Level 49, Menara FELDA, Platinum Park, No 11, Persiaran KLCC here.

The trial for Mohd Isa’s nine corruption charges started on Oct 8, 2019. Since then, 22 prosecution witnesses and six defence witnesses, which included Mohd Isa himself, testified in the trial.

On June 16, 2020, the High Court here acquitted Mohd Isa of one criminal breach of trust (CBT) charge but ordered him to call for defence on the nine corruption charges involving RM3.09 million.

The CBT charge also involved the acquisition of the Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites in Kuching, Sarawak. 

Justice Mohd Nazlan then ordered Mohd Isa to enter into his defence on the nine graft charges as there was sufficient credible evidence to establish the ingredients of the offence of receiving gratification. - TheEdge

No comments:

Post a Comment