Thursday 15 February 2024

‘Malaysia is no longer about the Malays, Indians and Chinese … (but) are we going South?’

Share to help stimulate good governance, ensure future of people & M’sia

No News Is Bad News

‘Malaysia is no longer about the Malays, Indians and Chinese … (but) are we going South?’

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 15, 2024: Pak Hussein Hamid aka SteadyAku blogger passed away on Feb 6.

Lawyer activist Siti Kassim, who has 117,000 Facebook followers, shared Pak Hussein’s last blog post.

No News Is Bad News reproduces below steadyaku47’s last blogpost:

Siti Kasim is with Siti Kasim.

I just heard Pak Hussein Hamid aka steadyaku47 blogger passed away this morning. Met him at a dinner just recently. A great Malaysian even in his last moments.

Pak Hussein’s Last Post

"Hussein Abdul Hamid

Feb 6

I love KL but don't like politics!

This morning, as I have been doing for the past few weeks, I woke up early, way before dawn, and watched the sun rise over KL. Amazing! Tall buildings scraping the skies all around me. The sun making its presence felt, traffic building up on the roads as the sounds of KL starts to make its own noise, its own music......a city awaking to another new day. I am now a part of that city. This is my city!

Last night I had Pizza at an Arab ...or should I say Middle East...Restaurant...with a cigar smoking friend...served by a definitely foreign waiter who was polite and charming. We took our time to sit, dine, shoot the breeze and chill, until late. After dinner he sent me home in his very comfortable Toyota Vellfire and upon arrival at my current abode, I was greeted by the Napalese guard... ...and the day ended with me wondering what else was to come for me in the coming days?

Malaysia is no longer about the Malays, Indian and Chinese. But have we evolved or are we going South and being overwhelmed by an abundance of culture and ethnicity that was not around us a decade or two ago? Where is KL headed to? Is it becoming a charming cosmopolitan melting pot of culture that its new inhabitants have brought with them and welcomed by its old inhabitants, or is the New KL still learning and trying to live with the Old KL?

I do not know the answer to that but I am living it now and adjusting to the new realties. Maybe its gets too overwhelming when you walk into a restaurant without a single welcoming local face around you. Maybe you might resent the ways of these new "Malaysians" because they lack the grace of the Malays when they are serving you and more often than I care to admit, I do resent having too many foreigners around me doing everything our own people once did....but they are there alright! So learn to live with it.

Yes the KL I left over a decade ago is not the KL of today but then neither am I the guy who left KL over a decade ago. The only constant in life is change and what you make of that change makes you the person you are today. I am grateful that I am comfortable with the person I have become today. It is what tomorrow will bring that concerns me most.

Malaysia is in flux. It is constantly changing and we all want change but are the changes that is now happening around us, the changes we want? You got to work out what you want and what you do not want of the things that are now happening to and in our country today...but just remember this. You and me...we the people...now control our own destiny. NOT THE POLITICIANS...though sometimes, it may seem to be that way. You and I, we do not want Najib's sentence to be shorten. We cannot understand why UMNO wants Najib to be given a pardon. And why, we ask, is the Pardon Board aiding and abetting a criminal who has cause our nation to be in debt by the billions? Why is the PMX trying to explain and justify the decision of the Pardon Board?

I listen and I learn about the follies and mistakes men makes. and there will be more of these follies and mistakes to come, and I am comforted by one thought,,,...by one reality. There will come a day of reckoning for all of us. Najib is in jail. Rosmah has been convicted as charged and now awaits her punishment. Mahathir lost his deposit. Taib Mahmud is today just a pawn being moved here and there to serve the interest of others, not his. So chill guys and get on with your life work...earning a decent living,

For everything else there is karma. Enough said."

REST IN PEACE PAK HUSSEIN.

P/S: Before anyone wants to use my photo and buat fitnah, both of us are drinking non-alcoholic drinks.

 

Blogger ‘steadyaku47’ dies aged 77

Hussein Abdul Hamid had been warded at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital since last Thursday after suffering a haemorrhagic stroke.

Bernama - 15 Feb 2024, 12:24pm

Hussein Abdul Hamid was Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’s schoolmate at Malay College Kuala Kangsar in Perak. (steadyaku47 blog pic)

KUALA LUMPUR: Blogger Hussein Abdul Hamid, also known as “steadyaku47”, died of stroke complications at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) here at 5.50am today. He was 77.

Hussein’s death was confirmed by Hamidah Yusoff, a next of kin.

She said Hussein’s remains will be taken to Masjid Solehin Pulapol here for funeral prayers before being laid to rest at the Raudhatul Sakinah Phase 2 Muslim cemetery in Gombak after Zohor prayers.

Hamidah said Hussein had been warded at HKL’s Tunku Abdul Rahman Neurology Institute since last Thursday following a haemorrhagic stroke after falling unconscious at a shopping mall in the city.

He leaves behind a son and a daughter.

Hussein was Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’s schoolmate at Malay College Kuala Kangsar in Perak.

No comments:

Post a Comment